Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Unity KOM Sketch Challenge

It's been a little while since I've posted, although I have had a chance to get crafty quite a bit lately.  Recently, a bunch of crafty girlfriends and I have been getting together on a monthly basis, where we pick the theme ahead of time, and each one makes and then demos a card, and then we all make it.  It's been alot of fun, not just learning new techniques and ideas, but also having some social time too.
I noticed the new Unity KOM challenge  was up, and when I saw the sketch, I immediately thought of the banner from the March KOM, I paper pierced the banner using papers from EP's A Boys Life, and inked only the 'celebrate' part of the 'let's celebrate' sentiment.  I also used the 'Good Times' sentiment from the February KOM.  I finished off by adding Tim Holtz tiny attachers to ground the banner strings.

8 comments:

  1. oooo! love that you used this banner for this sketch...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! This is such a great stamp, I love it! and I love how you added the star brad! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect take on the sketch and love that banner!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute, I love the patterned paper you used and the metallic star. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice take on the sketch! Great stamp to use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! What a great idea to paper piece the banner! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love this stamp set, you did a fabulous job using it for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete